Mene Mart is back in business

Ruimin Lin, Staff Writer

After an 18-month break, the Moanalua High School Mene Mart is back. The DECA business students will open its doors Wednesday, September 8 outside G 301 and G 302. Menes can satisfy their cravings by purchasing ice cream, cold drinks, hot foods and various other snacks. 

A new feature is an opportunity for customers to participate in a rewards program. Patrons will receive a stamp card and will receive one stamp for every $2 spent. Customers have the option to “spend” their stamps; three stamps equal $0.25 off, six is $0.50, and nine is for free ice cream or $1.25. All discounts are redeemable at the next visit.  

“We strive to give the best products and services and always look for ways to impact our community more positively,” said Seolbin Hong, Mene Mart’s head manager. 

In response to the current pandemic protocols recommended by the federal government, Mene Mart staff also made changes to their operations. Regular handwashing, sanitizing and cleaning are some of the ways the staff and managers are taking safety precautions to reduce the risk of COVID-19. In addition, only one customer at a time is allowed in the store and staff members handle all the food, including microwaving hot foods. 

Mene Mart will be open after school on most days. The DECA students will be posting flyers around campus, where students can scan the QR code to view their menu and days of operation.