Let’s live a purposeful life

Caitlann Bonilla, Contributing Writer

This is one of several “slam poems” from seniors who used words from a list of ideas responding to the prompt “As seniors, we are resolute. . . .” 

As seniors, we are resolute about making the most of our time remaining together, eventually, we will all go our separate ways. Some of us are going to college and we won’t be able to see our friends as often, which is why we want to make sure we are having fun in the meantime whether that be in class or outside of school. Some of us will be leaving for places far away and would want to have fun by going to the beach or by taking advantage of what other things Hawai’i has to offer. Although we may want to get closer to those we already know, some might consider using this remaining time to get to know people they aren’t familiar with, but always had an interest in. By opening ourselves to each other, we get more opportunities to make memories that are positive. That way we are not just graduating, but graduating with friends new and old. As seniors, we are resolute about building our future. Although we want to prioritize having fun, it is important that we are passing classes. Making it through this last semester may get tough, but we should be paving the path toward being successful. We need to work hard, especially the ones who want to graduate with honors. As seniors, we are resolute about bettering ourselves. We all crave more sleep because we honestly deserve it. Being of age 18 means that we need to become independent, responsible, and mature. To find oneself is essential if we want to live a purposeful life.