Recording history, reporting the truth & recognizing excellence.

NA HOKU O MOANALUA

Breaking News
  • March 13Boys volleyball win first home game 3-1 against Castle
  • March 13Softball defeats Kaiser 5-4
  • February 26Girls wrestling state champions for third time
  • February 23Art on the Hill 5-7 p.m. March 1 in the PAC
  • February 23ACT next Tuesday, Feb. 27 8:30

NA HOKU O MOANALUA

NA HOKU O MOANALUA

Third Annual Turkey Trot Health Fair set for this Friday

The PTSA-sponsored event strives to promote whole-body health
Na Hoku file photo
FCCLA students pan fry noodles for students to taste at last year’s inaugural Turkey Trot Health Fair. The group will work with the culinary classes to continue the tradition on the athletic field.

The Third Annual Menehune Turkey Trot Health Fair, sponsored by the school Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA), will be happening this week Friday, November 17. Students will be escorted to the football field by their period 7 teachers where there will be food, games, and educational booths all in the name of Mene health. 

Popular activities like the succulent booth, dunk booth, and concession stand are back in addition to plenty of new vendors. Popular food items like fried noodles with plant-based “spam,” as well as lemonade with jelly, and free ice cream will also be offered. 

Students will be provided a stamp card which they can fill out by going to 15 different exhibitors. Once students complete their stamp cards, they can redeem it for a free ticket to the balloon globe, the Soak and Wet booth, football, or basketball activities at the scrip booth. Additional scrips are available for purchase for $1 each. 

Faculty participating in the Soak and Wet booth include Randy Acosta, John Murray, Vincent Komar, Blaine Watanabe, Eric Bentkowski, Wilbert Lum and Neilson Ishida.  New booths include Kroc Center, Queen’s Medical Center West Oahu, Blood Bank of Hawaii, Dung and Mililani Orthodontics, and Mental Health America of Hawaii. 

Funds will be in support of the PTSA who is working in collaboration with Vice Principal Yatska Henning to put on this event for the kids.

Our health fair focuses on interactive educational activities supporting the wellness of the whole child, emotional–social development, physical fitness, and financial and mental health,” said Vice Principal Yatska Henning in an email to the staff. 

To accommodate the Turkey Trot, the school will have a special schedule on Thursday, Nov. 16 with periods 1-4. Friday will be 5-7, with the ending of the school day being the health fair. Students are not allowed to leave campus until 2:40, the normal school dismissal time.

More information will be available to students through their homeroom teacher.