Yearbook ready; Senior pick-up this Friday

Na Hoku staff

Friday the 13th is not unlucky this year. The wait is over for the book that preceded Facebook: the 2022 Ke’Alii yearbook. Distribution will start this week Friday with the seniors and continue through next week with the underclassmen.

The staff also completed a supplemental section with photos they took after the final book printing deadline. This will be available to the seniors at diploma pick-up. Underclassmen will be able to receive their books with the supplement inside.

Check the schedule below to see when your turn is. 

May 13: Seniors from 2:45-3:45 in the cafeteria (pick-up only, no purchasing)

May 16: Seniors from 2:00-3:00 in G 101 (pick-up and purchasing, $80 cash only)

May 17: Juniors from 2:00-3:00 in the cafeteria

May 18: Sophomores from 2:40-3:40 in the cafeteria

May 19: Freshmen from 1:50-2:50 in the cafeteria

May 23-24: General distribution and purchasing 12:00-1:00 in G 101

The staff this year was led by the all-junior editorial team of Jade Chen, Bella Amian, and Micaiah Burdett. The staff included seniors Mia Kaszubowski, Tristan Kim, Maddy Marquez, Zoey Nie, and Micah Tutuvanu; juniors Caden An, Taylor Nakasone, Kyla Wright, Peiwen Xie, and Melissa Yu; and sophomores Jahzayrah Dela Cruz, Matehya Shoji.

At the recent state yearbook awards, Ke Ali’i took first place overall. Amian won second [lace for layout, Tutuvanu and Nakasone placed second for copy and captions, and Xie placed first for digital art. Art teacher Eric Hermosura was the adviser.

“This was completely unexpected with a first-year yearbook adviser. . .and three first-year editors,” Hermosura told the faculty in an email. “But the students worked very hard and learned a lot.  Thank you to all of you that helped out with interviews, pictures, content and general support.”